- First, always choose a password only you and your family members will know. Encryption and password-protection will keep unauthorized users from logging into your account.
- If your Northwestel modem is your wireless gateway, we urge you to learn about Wireless Home Networking. It gives you access to an online Control Panel where you can change your password.
- If you have your own router, visit your router manufacturer’s website to learn how to protect against unauthorized use.
- Install and regularly update your antivirus software.
- Install security updates recommended for your operating system.
Find the help you need