If your TV isn’t getting a signal from the Digital Receiver Box, you’ll see a No Signal or No Source/Input message on your screen. This may be because of connection, wrong input problems or because the Digital Receiver Box is off.
Is the power light showing on your Digital Receiver Box?
No matter what model you have, you should see a light if the box is on. Just press the power button on your Northwestel remote. If that doesn’t work, try selecting the Cable/CBL button on top of the remote first.
Is your TV on the correct input?
Each device you connect to your TV (DVD Player, Blu-Ray Player, Digital Box) has its own input. Check to ensure you’re using the right one.
- Turn on your TV and the Digital Receiver Box. If you find that the box powers on while the TV is off, or vice versa, press the power button directly on your TV set so they turn on at the same time.
- Find the input button (sometimes called Input, Source or TV/Video) on the remote that came with your TV.
- Push the input button to browse the list of available inputs on your TV. The input name you need to select depends on the type of cable connection you use to connect the Digital Box to the TV
- Coaxial Cable: The Input should be set to TV or Cable. Your TV must also be set to channel 3. Note: You may also have to switch between antenna and cable mode if that’s available to you by finding and pressing the Ant/CBL or Cable button on your remote.Change to channel 3 using your TV remote, or by using the channel up and down buttons on the front of your TV set.
- HDMI Cable: The input should be set to HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, etc.
- RCA Cables (Red/White/Yellow): The input should be set to Video1, Video2, Video3, or AV1, AV2, AV3, etc.
- Component Cables (Red/Green/Blue): Component1, Component2, Component3, etc.
Reboot your Digital Receiver Box
- Turn your Digital Receiver Box off, and remove its power cable.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cable. It will take about 30 seconds for the Digital Box to reboot.
- Turn on your Digital Box on again.
Note: It could take up to an hour before your Guide shows all information again after a reset. Until then, the Guide may only display a “To Be Announced” message.
Try connecting the cable to a different input
A faulty input will stop your TV from reading a signal from the Digital Box. Choose a different input port on the back of your TV and make note of the name of the alternate port you’ve selected. This way you’ll know which port you’ll need to change your TV to when you press the input button.
Still having problems? Call us at 1 888 423-2333