Reasons for seeing a Not Authorized message can range from not having a channel in your subscription package to connection problems with your equipment.
Confirm channel availability
You may be trying to view a channel not presently included in your programming package. Check out all channels on our Channel Guide page. The packages you subscribe to are also listed on your Northwestel bill, or you can check by using the Manage your Cable Account Web option. Want to add the channel? Visit Manage your Cable Account or call 1 888 423-2333.
Reset the Digital Box
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the Digital Box
- Wait 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cable
- Give it a few minutes for the Digital Box to reboot and power it on again.
Note: It could take up to an hour before your Guide shows all information again after a reset. Until then, the Guide may only display a “To Be Announced” message.
Are your connections secure?
- Unplug your Digital Box Receiver
- Unscrew the coaxial cable from the back of the Digital Box and from the wall outlet
- Check that the coaxial cable is in good shape and not damaged or bent
- Reconnect the cables and power on the Digital Box again.
Bypass the splitter
- Unplug your Digital Box
- Are any cable splitters or extensions on the line? Follow the coaxial cable from the back of your Digital Box to the wall outlet to check for splitters.
- Bypass any splitter by connecting a coaxial cable from the rear of the Digital Box (at the RF IN or Cable In port) directly into the cable wall outlet
- Reconnect the power cable to the Digital Box
- Are you getting better picture quality now? It may be time to replace your splitter.
Still seeing "Not Authorized" ? Please call us at 1 888 423-2333.Print