IP Relay Operators are available 24/7. Calls are confidential. To make a call
- Log onto: https://iprelay.ca
- Enter your 9-digit IP Relay User ID
- Enter your password
- Type in the area code and number you want to call
- Enter any special instructions for the operator
- Click on the Call button
- The operator will come on the line and dial the number
- Once the operator is connected to the person you want to call, you will see “GA” which stands for “Go Ahead.” It means the operator is waiting for your text.
- Type what you want to say.
- End your thoughts with “GA” so the operator and the person you are calling know that you are done typing and waiting for a reply.
To receive a call
- The person calling you will dial 1 888 relay-21 (1 888 735-2921)
- The operator will ask them for:
- their name, area code and telephone number
- your name and your 9-digit IP Relay User ID (The operator will not be able to find you if the caller only provides your first and last name.)
Remind people who are calling you to:
- Speak slowly, the operator is typing what they are saying
- Wait for the operator to say, “Go Ahead” before speaking
- Say “Go Ahead” after they have finished their thought, so the operator can continue
- Be patient with the time to answer since it takes longer for answers to be typed and then be read out loud